front page for a listing)
The South Jersey Traffic Safety Alliance has established a
Defensive Driving Program to teach the National Safetys Council Defensive Driving
Courses to the public. The goal of the
Alliances program is to assist todays motorist in driving safely, courteously
The Defensive Driving Course provides drivers with knowledge
and safe driving techniques to prevent collisions and violations.
The course focuses on collision prevention through
hazard recognition and application of collision-avoidance techniques.
2 Point Reduction - The legislature of New Jersey has
established a two-point motor vehicle reduction program for New Jersey drivers who
satisfactorily complete a registered Defensive Driving Course.
5% Insurance Discount - The Defensive Driving Course was
made more attractive when Governor Christine Todd Whittman signed legislation N.J.S.A.
17:33 B-45.1 (P.L. 1995, C.308) authorizing insurance premium reduction for drivers who
successfully complete a National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course. The rate
reduction is available for three years after completing the course and applies to the base
rate for Bodily Injury Liability, Property Damage Liability, Personal Injury Protection
and Collision coverage.
There is a $50.00 per student charge.
Link to National Safety Council
The course is broken into 5 sessions
What Is In It For Me?
· Personal responsibility and driving
· Definition of defensive driving and
· Hazard recognition
Making Choices You Can Live With?
· Drugs, drinking and driving
· Physical conditions and emotions
· Recognizing other drivers behaviors
What You Do Is What You Get
· Rules of the road
· Avoiding collisions
· Choosing safe and legal
The Conditions That Drive Us
· The driving environment, including
light, weather, roads and other traffic
· Vehicle condition, equipment and proper
· Sharing the road with other vehicles
What Are You Willing To Do?
· Occupant safety devices, including
safety belts, airbags and child safety seats
· Analyzing driving choices and their
· Summary and personal commitment to
future driving behavior
· Multiple choice, final test.